Sunday, February 21, 2010

Busy Busy





Saturday, the hubby and I headed down to Vicki's in Leesburg to pick up "my project." I knew he'd be excited to see this store that I came back home so excited about last weekend. He was almost as excited as I was in there! We picked up "my project" and spent about an hour digging around, moving stuff, asking a hundred questions of how, what kind etc etc. I found another cool piece that I forgot to take a picture of. (dang it, I gotta get better about this!) After a trip to pick up the pup we were on our way to Lowes. Do you know how to tell if your husband really loves you? I found out last night- He buys you power tools! I got my first electric palm sander! It was like Christmas. I got very close to buying a Dremmel MultiMax too but I talked myself out of spending $100. That'll be on my wish list...hint hint honey :)



Sunday (whoever said this is a day of rest doesn't know me!) I woke up all excited to get to work! Russell got me set up outside to work. Power sanded, hand sanded, washed, and ready for paint. Wait. Where's the paint?!?! Ugh. Get in the truck and go to Lowes again with the pup in tow. She enjoys getting out of the house and people seem to just fall all over themselves to get to her. She was a happy camper. I manage to find the paint color we want, and 2 mistints for only $1. Score 1 for me! I even managed to talk Russell into going to the mattress store to buy a real bed for the guest room. Since we moved in the house 5 years ago our very few guest have had to sleep on an air mattress. We haven't had a guest in nearly a year but we are both sick of looking at an air mattress on the floor. Bed is ordered and we get to pick it up on the 4th. Huge check off our list!



Back home finally and now the painting begins. More sanding, paint some more, now time for waxing. Wax, buff, get ready to hang. No screws that will work. Seriously?! Another trip to Lowes. They should know us by first names by now!



By now, everything is ready to be finished. FINALLY! Uh oh...how tall is the new bed gonna be? That's very important information, that we don't have. So, afterall the inticipation, work, excitement, 3 trips to Lowes, waiting a week for the project to be ready at Vicki's....it's time to sit and wait for the new bed. Sit and wait...something I'm not good at doing. I did manage to build and paint the cupcake stand for Katie's baby shower in the middle of all this though! At least I got one thing marked off my to-do list!



Here's a peek at something they were working on at Vicki's while we were there....I love this piece too!

No comments:

Post a Comment